English courses for young learners in Cairns
The ultimate location for a tropical adventure, our English school in Cairns for young learners enjoys a great climate, beautiful scenery, and a relaxed environment. One of Australia’s safest and most welcoming cities, young learners aged 12 to 15 can enjoy shopping, tranquil beaches, and a diverse range of activities.
With our homestay program, students live with an Australian family, helping to use English on a daily basis and experiencing the real local culture. Our modern school is located in Cairns’ central business area, and is fitted with excellent facilities, including wireless internet and a café.
- One of the only places in the world with stunning coral reefs and lush tropical rainforest
- Located in the city centre, our school in Cairns is only a short walk from the Esplanade and swimming lagoon
- Students have a varied activities schedule throughout their stay, including trips around the city and learning about the local culture
- Activities include trips to the Great Barrier Reef, relaxing or swimming at the Lagoon, exploring Cairns and art workshops
- Daily transfer to and from the school
- Study time: 15 hours of English tuition per week
- Accommodation: Homestay
- Meals: Full board (21 per week)
- Activities: One full day and 4 half day excursions per week
- Course attendence certificate
- 24 hour emergency helpline
- Pre-arrival online welcome program
- Placement test
- Specialized K+ for Teens learning materials
- Student ID or wristband
- The safe storage of passports to be handed in on arrival
- Airport Transfers:
- Arrival: Students are met on arrival at Cairns airport by their Kaplan host family on July 26 or August 2.
- Departure: The Kaplan host family says goodbye and takes any departing students to Cairns airport on August 1 or August 8.
Get a quote
Single rooms with shared bathrooms
26 July - 8 August 2015 (other dates available on request)
Activities available or offered
- Room Type: Twin rooms with shared bathrooms
- Age Range: 12-15 years
- Meals Provided: 21 meals per week (full board)
Accreditation & memberships
All of our Kaplan International English schools in Australia are accredited by NEAS (National ELT Accreditation Scheme Limited) and are members of English Australia, the highly respected organization representing the best English language schools in the country.
Kaplan International (Cairns) Pty Limited, ABN 83 010 846 821, CRICOS 00080F