English for young learners in Torquay
English courses for young learners in Torquay
Our English school in Torquay, Devon, is set in one of the UK’s most beautiful locations, in the middle of a scenic stretch of coastline. Young learners aged 12-17 can experience the lovely seaside town of Torquay: an active, friendly, safe place — famous for its spectacular views, beautiful beaches, cliffs and lively marina.
There are plenty of things to keep our students busy, as well as great school facilities to learn in, from a beginner to an advanced level. The school has a large garden and terrace to make the most of the summer sunshine, and our homestay accommodation program means students can stay with a local family and immerse themselves in the language.
- Sea-view villa center exclusive to Kaplan young learners
- Large outdoor terrace, garden and well-equipped common and games rooms
- Students have one full day excursion (except in final week of stay) and at least two half day excursions per week, a full afternoon activity program, and two evening activities per week with the rest of the time spent with their host family
- Young learners can choose from excursions to Plymouth, Exeter, and Cockington Village
- Study time: 15 hours of English tuition per week
- Accommodation: Homestay
- Meals: Full board (21 per week)
- Activities: One full day excursion (except in final week of stay) and at least two half day excursions per week, a full afternoon activity program, and two evening activities per week with the rest of the time spent with their host family
- Course attendence certificate
- 24 hour emergency helpline
- Pre-arrival online welcome program
- Placement test
- Specialized K+ for Teens learning materials
- Student ID or wristband
- School safe available for the storage of students' passports
- Airport Transfers:
- Arrival: Shared transfers are available (at extra cost) from London Heathrow Airport between 07:00 and 18:00 on Sundays upon request.
- Departure: Shared transfers are available (at extra cost) to London Heathrow Airport on Saturdays for flights between 10:00 and 21:00 upon request.
- Private taxi transfers are available (at extra cost) upon request.
Get a quote
- Winter: 3 January - 13 February 2016
- Spring: 27 March - 16 April 2016
- Summer: 12 June - 27 August 2016
Local homestays with twin bedrooms and shared bathrooms
Activities available or offered
- Room Type: Twin rooms with shared bathrooms
- Age Range: 12-17 years
- Meals Provided: 21 meals per week (full board)
Accreditation & memberships
This Kaplan International English school is accredited by the British Council, and is a member of English UK, a highly respected organization that represents the best English language schools in the country.
*Student recommendations are based on Kaplan students surveyed in 2015.