Los Angeles Whittier Young Learners
English courses for young learners in Whittier Los Angeles
Young Learners aged 12 to 18 will have a great time studying English at Whittier College, a beautiful residential campus in Los Angeles county. With access to the outstanding campus facilities, students can learn in a safe environment in the relaxed state of California.
Whittier offers residential accommodation, which helps young learners use their language skills with other students. The college has a friendly and relaxed community atmosphere, and our students will have plenty to do. Our great mix of activities and trips will help create an unforgettable experience, whether enjoying a day out at Disneyland or getting to know fellow students at a talent show. This program is only available for group bookings.
- Whittier is in a great location close to beaches, themes parks, shopping venues, and is only 15 miles away from downtown Los Angeles
- Access to campus facilities including the library, sports courts and running tracks, the gym, the swimming pool, and the cafeteria
- A varied schedule of daily activities such as movie nights, discos, and sports tournaments
- Full day trips to amazing places like LA, Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Sea World
- Study time: 15 hours of English tuition per week
- Accommodation: Student residence
- Meals: Full board (19 per week)
- Activities: Afternoon and evening activities from Monday - Friday
- Course attendance certificate
- 24 hour emergency helpline
- Pre-arrival online welcome program
- Placement test
- Specialized K+ for Teens learning materials
- Student ID or wristband
- Airport Transfers:
- Arrival: Group transfers are available from the airport to the residence upon request.
- Departure: Group transfers are available from the airport to the residence upon request. (The journey is 1 hour each way from LAX (Los Angeles) Airport.)
Get a quote
19 June - 6 August 2016
Twin rooms with shared bathrooms
Activities available or offered
- Room Type: twin rooms with shared bathrooms
- Age Range: 14-18 years
- Meals Provided: 19 meals per week (full board)
Accreditation & memberships
All of our Kaplan International English schools in the US have ACCET accreditation (Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training).
Our schools in California are approved to operate as an accredited institution by the California Bureau for Private Post-secondary Education (bppe.ca.gov). Visit the California State Disclosures list for the documents filed with the state and/or required to be made available to students prior to enrollment.
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. All courses offered by Kaplan International are avocational and recreational, and are not intended to lead to vocation, occupation or career opportunities. Kaplan International does not confer credits, certification, diploma or degree for any courses, and no credits are transferrable to institutions of higher education.
*Student recommendations are based on Kaplan students surveyed in 2015.