Visa - Canada visa
You may need to apply for a visa when studying at Kaplan International English. We can guide you to some general information, however, per section 91(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) on immigration consultants, unauthorized immigration representatives cannot provide immigration or citizenship advice including explaining or advising on immigration options or matters. If you cannot find answers to the general inquiries below, we recommend you contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) directly http://www.cic.gc.ca/ or contact an authorized immigration representative. More information regarding authorized immigration representatives and section 91(1) of IRPA can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/do-dont.asp
In brief, you do not need a Study Permit to study in Canada for 6 months (26 weeks) or less, however if you intend to study longer than 6 months (26+ weeks) or you are uncertain about how long you will study, then it is a good idea to obtain a Study Permit before arrival. Note, some nationalities also require a Temporary Resident visa.
Canada visa information
- Do I need a Study Permit to study in Canada?
- How do I apply for a Study Permit?
- When should I apply for a Study Permit?
- How much time does it take to get a Study permit?
- How much does it cost to apply for a Study Permit?
- What will I need to make my application?
- What supporting documents should I include with my application?
- What will happen when I make my application?
- Can I extend my stay as a student?
- Do I need a Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa – TRV)?
- How do I apply for a Temporary Resident Visa?
- What documents will I need to show at the Point of Entry?
- Can I bring my husband, wife or civil partner and dependent children with me?
- Can I leave and re-enter Canada?
- Where can I get advice or information?
Visa information by country
Visa - Top 10
How can we help?
Our Student Advisors will help you choose the right course to suit your academic and professional goals.
- Visa information
- Travel arrangements
Our offices are located on 2nd Floor, Warwick Building, Kensington Village, Avonmore Road, London W14 8HQ, UK
Please contact a student advisor or call:
+44 (0)20 7045 5000