Visa - Canada visa

Canada visa

You may need to apply for a visa when studying at Kaplan International English.  We can guide you to some general information, however, per section 91(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) on immigration consultants, unauthorized immigration representatives cannot provide immigration or citizenship advice including explaining or advising on immigration options or matters.  If you cannot find answers to the general inquiries below, we recommend you contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) directly  or contact an authorized immigration representative.  More information regarding authorized immigration representatives and section 91(1) of IRPA can be found at

In brief, you do not need a Study Permit to study in Canada for 6 months (26 weeks) or less, however if you intend to study longer than 6 months (26+ weeks) or you are uncertain about how long you will study, then it is a good idea to obtain a Study Permit before arrival.   Note, some nationalities also require a Temporary Resident visa.

How can we help?

Our Student Advisors will help you choose the right course to suit your academic and professional goals.

  •       Accommodation
  •       Visa information
  •       Travel arrangements

Our offices are located on 2nd Floor, Warwick Building, Kensington Village, Avonmore Road, London W14 8HQ, UK

If you would like to speak with a student advisor, please call: 

UK: +44 (0)20 7045 5000