Visa - United States visa
United States visa
You may need to apply for a visa when studying at Kaplan International English. It is your responsibility to apply for a visa, as visa application is a US government process; however, we may be able to provide you some helpful information and resources to guide you through the process.
USA visa information
Part 1: Obtaining an I-20
- What is an I-20?
- What documents do I need in order to obtain an I-20?
- How much time does it take to get the I-20?
- What is Kaplan International's application deadline?
- Why is an I-20 important?
- For how long will my I-20 be valid?
- Can my I-20 be extended if I need more time to study?
- How will I receive my I-20?
- Can I change my start date after receiving my I-20?
- Can I change centre locations after receiving my I-20?
Part 2: Obtaining an F-1 (student) visa
- What is an F-1 visa?
- Does Kaplan International English issue F-1 visas?
- How do I get an F-1 visa?
- Which Embassy do I visit?
- What documents must I present to get an F-1 visa?
- How long does it take to get a visa?
- For how long will my visa be valid?
- Can Kaplan International English help me complete the government’s application for a visa?
- What is the likelihood that I will be approved an F-1 visa?
- What happens if I am denied a visa?
- Will I get a refund if my visa is denied?
Other requirements: Evidence of financial circumstances
- Does Kaplan International English require details of my financial circumstances to support my application?
- Can I submit multiple bank statements if I do not have enough funds in one account?
- Do I have to show a bank statement even if I have paid?
- How much money do I need to show on my bank statement?
Entry into the USA
- When can I enter the U.S.?
- Can I enter the U.S. after my I-20 start date?
- What documents will I need to show at the Port of Entry?
- What happens at the Port of Entry?
- What is an I-94 and why is it important?
- What is Form I-515A and what do I need to do with it if I am given one at the Port of Entry?
- When do I need to start my studies?
Visa terms questions
- How soon can I start my course?
- I didn't write a start date on my application because I want to start as soon as I get approved for a student visa. Is that acceptable?
- I want to travel with my family. Can I do that?
- What are the study requirements at Kaplan International English?
- What happens if I do not meet Kaplan International English’s full-time study requirements?
- Can I work during my studies at Kaplan International English?
- Can I participate in practical training or OPT/CPT while at Kaplan International English?
Visa information by country
Visa - Top 10
How can we help?
Our Student Advisors will help you choose the right course to suit your academic and professional goals.
- Visa information
- Travel arrangements
Our offices are located on 2nd Floor, Warwick Building, Kensington Village, Avonmore Road, London W14 8HQ, UK
Please contact a student advisor or call:
+44 (0)20 7045 5000