English for Young Learners
Specially designed English courses for students aged 12+
English courses for young learners
Kaplan’s reputable Young Learner program welcomes students aged 12+ to study English in a friendly, safe and fun environment. The most popular course offered features 15 hours of General English lessons per week and a full activity schedule. Our qualified and dedicated team of teachers deliver dynamic and interesting lessons aimed to improve students’ everyday English and essential language skills. With a busy program of fun and memorable activities planned and supervised by Kaplan staff, students make friends quickly and have a great time outside of class too.
Students stay in either homestay or residence accommodation. Kaplan’s host families are carefully selected and checked so students can enjoy a friendly, comfortable and safe living environment. In residence accommodation, fully vetted staff provide 24/7 onsite supervision. Living alongside their new friends and staff, students can enjoy a safe and truly international living environment.
Kaplan International young learner students benefit from:
- Kaplan’s 25 years’ experience and expertise delivering Young Learner programs
- Attractive locations in UK, USA, Canada and Australia
- A fun, engaging and academically robust learning experience
- Varied and exciting activity programs
- A variety of safe, welcoming and comfortable accommodation options
- Professional and dedicated staff available 24/7
At Kaplan we provide a well-planned balance of learning in and out of the classroom, designed to improve our students’ English.
- K+ Teens materials: Exclusive to our centers in the UK and Australia, K+ Teens is an innovative and engaging range of learning materials designed purposefully by Kaplan for teenagers studying in an English speaking country. Learn more about K+ Teens
- Qualified, professional teachers
- Maximum 15 students per class
- Level test on arrival
- Course attendance certificate issued at end of course
Activities and excursions
The activity program is designed to give students the opportunity to discover new places, try new things and build enduring friendships - giving them memories they’ll never forget. It is also designed as an important learning experience for the students so they can practise what they have learnt in class. Social programs can be tailored according to a group’s specific requirements.
All events are fully supervised by Kaplan staff. Typical activities and excursions include:
- Daytrips to exciting cities and sightseeing destinations
- Sport – e.g football, tennis, swimming
- Water sports and beach games
- Barbecues & international food evenings
- Bowling & discos
Accommodation and welfare
Our Young Learner program provides a safe and welcoming environment for students, with specially chosen locations and accommodation options.
- Friendly and welcoming host families
- Clean and comfortable residential facilities supervised by onsite Kaplan staff and located close to the classrooms, providing an environment where students can make friends from around the world
- All staff and homestay providers are fully vetted
- 24/7 staff availability
- 24 hour emergency helpline available to students, parents and agents
- Each center has specific staff responsible for student safety and wellbeing
- Appropriate staff to student ratios in classes, during activities, during free time and at mealtimes
Young Learners Programs
English course types for Young Learners
- Standard courses: 15 hours of English lessons per week and a full social program
- Intensive courses: 6 extra hours of English lessons per week and a social program
- English Plus: Bespoke programs combining English lessons with a specialized activity, such as horseback riding, football or hockey
- Low Season Packages for Groups: Tailored academic and social program to suit your group, available at most centers. Contact us to request your group program and for more information