Fun Facts: April Fools Day!
Sometimes referred to as All Fools' Day, it is widely recognized as a day when people all over the world play jokes and pranks on their friends and colleagues.
The tradition is that you have to carry out the joke or prank before 12 p.m. or YOU become the fool.
Here at Kaplan we want to join in the fun! As it is April Fools' Day on Sunday, we have prepared some fun trivia for you!
Can you guess which of the following are facts are and which are the 4 April Fools?
1) There are a dozen secret rivers flowing beneath London. One travels under the Oval cricket ground.
2) In 2008, a colony of flying penguins was discovered in Antarctica. When it gets extremely cold, they fly to a tropical island.
3) Parrots have been known to give names to their babies, which they use to communicate with them.
4) In Calama, a town in Chile, it has never rained.
5) Historians have discovered evidence that suggests that William Shakespeare was French.
6) The “Hawaiian” pizza was actually invented in Canada.
7) In New York, scientists have invented the world’s first left handed sandwich.
8) Ireland is the only place in the world where windmills turn clockwise.
9) In 2011, almost 1,000 people in Cambodia attended the wedding of two snakes.
10) The world’s oldest flower was found in a fossil in Sydney, Australia. It is believed to be over 120 million years old.
Which of these do you think are the April Fools? Stay tuned to the blog and our Facebook page to find out!