Fun Facts: English + Diving in the Great Barrier Reef
Ever dreamed of traveling to Australia and exploring the amazing landscape there? We are offering one lucky fan the chance to spend the New Year diving in the Great Barrier Reef with our latest Facebook photo competition!
The grand prize is a 2-week English + Diving course at our Cairns school. This includes spending 3 days/2 nights living on board a boat out on the Great Barrier Reef and studying our English Vacation course.
To take part in the competition, it’s really easy:
- We’re looking for really creative ways of displaying the word “Kaplan”. This can be on a beach, engraved on a tree or even in the sky! Once you have done this, take a photo using your camera or phone.
- Share your photo on our Facebook competition page. (Only one competition entry may be made by each person.)
- Get your friends and family to vote for your photo. The five finalist photos with the most votes will be put forward to Kaplan International College Cairns. The overall winner will be decided by the Cairns principal.
If you need any more convincing, here are a few facts about Australia’s favorite diving spot:
- There more than 1,500 fish species live on the reef.
- The Great Barrier Reef is the only natural structure that you can see from space.
- The Great Barrier Reef is classed as the single largest living organism in the world, spanning a total distance of over 2600 km, from the Torres Strait in the North to the Fraser Island area in the South.
- The Great Barrier Reef is listed as one of the “Seven Natural Wonders of the World”
- The Great Barrier Reef covers an overall area that is larger than Italy
- The Great Barrier Reef draws over a million visitors from all over the world each year
- The Great Barrier Reef is composed of over 2,900 individual reefs
The competition is running now and finishes on Sunday 21st October. Voting starts on Monday 22nd October and closes Sunday 28th October.
If you'd like to know more about the competition, please ask us here on the blog or visit our Facebook page for more information.