Getting Down to Business: Kaplan's Business English Mega Post Part 2
Getting a job can be hard. Knowing what to look for in a job can be harder. Simply finding where to start on your career path can be the hardest part. Feeling lost? Over the last few months, we’ve been writing articles about business and career English to give you a helping hand with all things professional. Take a look and see what inspires you.
How to get a job
You are perfect for that job you’ve found, but how do you let them know? Brush up on your interview skills and check if your CV could use some improvement with our job hunting tips.
- 8 Tips for nailing a Skype interview
- Tips for translating your CV/Résumé into English
- 5 Overused CV words you should avoid
- 12 Tips for beating pre-job interview nerves
- How to prepare for an internship interview
- 10 Job interview questions you should know how to answer
- Questions not to ask at a job interview
How to get a better job
You might have been happy with the job you have when you first started, but what about when it’s time to move on? Get ahead of the competition with some of our ideas below.
- How can English benefit your international career?
- 5 Ways to progress in your international career
- Can English help you get that promotion at work?
Hand-picked related content: 5 JOB SEEKING MYTHS
Get inspired about different jobs
Are you not sure about what you want your career to be? You’re not alone! Why not take a look at the following for some inspiration?
- A day in the life of the web development team
- A day in the life of a social media team
- How English can help your career in sports
How do I get a job abroad?
Considering working abroad? It can be daunting, but thoroughly rewarding. See if any of these posts inspire you to plan further.
- 5 English-speaking jobs that let you travel the world
- 5 Things to consider when deciding to work abroad
- How can English benefit your international career
How to sound like you mean business
You may be walking the walk, but do you talk the talk? Improve your business English vocabulary with these posts.
- 9 Job title abbreviations you should know
- How to write a professional email
- Business English vocabulary: Customer service
We also have an entire series of industry specific English vocabulary tips for you to read.