Top 5 Things to do in Auckland
Auckland, known as the “City of the Sails”, is also the economic centre of New Zealand. It is a very multicultural City and home to Maori, Asians and Europeans - the perfect atmosphere to learn English in! In your time off from studying at Kaplan, there is a lot to do and see in Auckland.
Look below for our Top 5 things to do in Auckland:
1. Sky Tower: Walk the perimeter of Auckland’s Sky Tower, 192 metres in the air with no barrier between you and pure air! Enjoy the view!
2. Auckland Harbour Bridge: Climb on the bridge to get the best view over the City and the harbour of Auckland. If you need an adrenalin rush, why not try a bungee jump from the bridge!
3. Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari: Go on a tour on the Hauraki Gulf and discover 22 species of dolphins and whales in one of the world’s richest habitats for marine mammals!
4. Markets in Auckland: There are several craft, flea, country and farmers' markets on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Enjoy the atmosphere and experience the regional way of life.
5. Wine Tour: Auckland is home to some of the country’s oldest established vineyards and is well known for its chardonnay, merlot and cabernet sauvignon wines. The wine industry professionals in and around Auckland offer personal winemaking and scenic adventures for discerning enthusiasts.
Interested in a trip to Auckland? Check out our English school in Auckland. Our free brochure provides you with all information about prices, accommodation and courses available in Auckland. Contact us and get a free quote!
For those who have already been to and/or studied in Auckland, do you have any insider tips? We'd love to hear about your experiences!