English for Specific Purposes courses
Best for learning industry-specific terminology in English for education or career purposes
English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
English for Specific Purposes (ESP) is the perfect program for students who want to improve their English for a specific profession and gain the confidence to talk about their industry in English.
- Combines a mix of English classes and specific purpose lessons
- English for Specific Purposes syllabus gives you functional language related to a particular topic
- Prepare yourself for working abroad in your chosen profession
- Experience local industries first-hand with our subject-specific activities program (optional)
- Available as part of a 2-week Intensive English course
English for Specific Purposes subjects include:
Common legal terms and conditions
Types of business
Assessing legal risks
Planning an acquisition
The English for Specific Purposes course is available as part of a minimum 2-week Intensive English course.
Where can I study English for Specific Purposes courses?
|Location||Dates (26 June; 03 July; 10 July)*||Dates (24 July; 31 July; 07 August)**|
Minimum booking 2 weeks
*Courses run until 21 July
**Courses run until 18 August
- You want to combine English language learning with interesting topics
- You want to learn practical English terminology for your chosen subject
- You want to achieve a high level of fluency in English
- You want to build a foundation for higher education or a particular career
- You want to build a more attractive CV, résumé, or university application
- Course length2+ weeks (Maximum 8 weeks per location)
- Entry levelIntermediate English
- Minimum age16 Years old
- Lesson hours45 minute lessons
- Class sizeAverage 12, maximum 15
- 20 lessons (15 hours) of General English
- 8 lessons (6 hours) of English for Specific Purposes
- K +clubs study group, and K +tools and K +eXtra online learning Find out more
Why Choose Kaplan English Courses?
Why should you choose Kaplan International?
Learning English should be an adventure. Set in spectacular locations from palm-fringed beaches to the heart of New York, our schools offer you dynamic language tuition, sophisticated learning technology, and the amazing experience of exploring the English-speaking world. Whatever your ambitions, our immersive courses are designed to help you achieve your goals – and enrich your life.
It is important you have proof of your studies and the hard work you have put in.
At the end of your course you will receive a Kaplan International English Certificate of Achievement documenting your new language level and attendance. We are proud to be accredited by highly-respected and recognized accrediting agencies in each country.
K+ English Language Learning System
Our unique K+ teaching methodology was designed by an international team of experts to harness the power of digital, text-based and interpersonal learning methods. Our integrated system of books, apps, online resources and games work together to help you learn fast – in the classroom, on the move, and at home.