What is Kaplan's
community college service?
Admission into top-ranked US universities is extremely competitive. Let our Community College programme help you study abroad and gain access to a degree from a prestigious US university.
Why progress to community college?
Our Community Colleges have the right professional, technical, and degree programs, with a possible university transfer pathway to fit your educational and career goals.
- University Transfer Pathways to top-ranked universities
- Associate and Bachelor’s Degrees and Certificates
- Complete the first two years of your university degree
- Transferable Honors program
- A Great Place to Study
- Our community college student services
- The Application Process
- Download our Community College Brochure
Community College helps you get a great degree
College to university pathway
Upon finishing your English studies and meeting the proficiency requirements, you can go on to community college seamlessly, then transfer to a university after 1 - 2 years if applicable.
We will secure you a placement with one of our college partners and pathway to university with a Conditional Letter of Acceptance (subject to all requirements being met.)
- Academic level transfer advise and help with college registration and selecting classes
- US visa immigration advise
- Assistance with applications and personal statements
- Help with cultural orientation
Most efficient US degree route
College to University transfer programme can save you time and money. Tuition fees are usually one-third less than enrolling directly into a 4-year university. College admission criteria is lower than applying direct to university
English pre-arrival test
To ensure you meet the required level of spoken and written English, we provide a pre-arrival test to check your standard. We can then recommend appropriate English language courses to take so you meet the academic requirements to study at an English university.
We offer you tailored English learning packages relating to the increase in English proficiency required to be able to get into a community college.
Community college student services
College to university support
Personal advisors based at your community college will be on hand to support you with all aspects of your college enrolment, including English language study, university transfer administration, and preparation to study abroad.
Benefit from quarterly events held on-campus, including:
- Transfer fairs
- Transfer planning workshops
- Individualized appointments with university representatives
- Essay, scholarship, and application assistance workshops
The community college honors program can help you get into top-ranked universities, often with scholarship assistance.
Benefit from expertise in university admissions:
- Personal Advice: get assistance with resumes, personal statements, and application essays
- Academic Preparation: take pre-requisites for 3rd and 4th year university courses
- Merit Scholarship: a free automatic final quarter tuition scholarship (up to 15 quarter credits)
- Connections: network with university mentors and advisors
- Academic recognition: receive Honors recognition at graduation and on your diploma and transcripts
Live near your college
Your Community College can provide great accommodation options close to your college in convenient locations. Whether you choose to live with a host family, live by yourself, or with friends, (there are numerous options college can help with and offer to fit your budget. ) your college can help you find accommodation to suit your needs and budget.
Our short term, homestay, or apartments are convenient, safe and easily accessible places to live near campus. Living with families or other students enables you to live like a local and share your culture while practice English in a natural setting. (Costs vary depending on length of stay and occupancy type.)
The Application Process
Complete your application form:
- Financial statement showing available funds for 1st year of tuition and supporting live/study expenses.
- Copy of passport photo page (all students must be at least 16 years of age)
Proof of English proficiency.
Any one of the following:
- TOEFL: 54/157/480
- IELTS: 5.0 (no band lower than 5.0)
- Completion of intermediate level course at an approved US ESL school or submission of an approved English proficiency score.
If you have no proof of English proficiency, we can enrol you into our English and exam preparation courses to ensure you meet the required level. Take our free English Placement test to determine how many weeks of English course you will need before eligible to study.
- Receive a Conditional Letter of Acceptance from your chosen community college.
- Apply for I-20 Visa. Conditional admissions are available if you are academically admissible but still missing the English proficiency requirement.
With four annual start dates, we can get you enrolled and starting college soon as you're ready!
- Winter—Beginning of January
- Spring—Beginning of April