Top 5 things to do in Boston
Boston, the capital of Massachusetts, is one of the most historic cities in the US. Kaplan has English schools in Boston and there are also more than 50 colleges and universities in the Greater Boston area making it a perfect city to make friends from around the world while learning English!
See why with our Top 5 Things to do in Boston!
1. Watch a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park, built in 1912. It’s one of oldest baseball stadiums still in use. Even if you don’t buy a ticket, you can enjoy the game and great atmosphere at one of the many sports bars outside the stadium. Go Sox!
2. Visit Boston Common and Public Garden, the oldest public park in the US built in 1634, and enjoy the 75 acres of green right in the heart of Boston. You can ride the famous swan boats, skate at Frog Pond or walk across the world’s shortest suspension bridge!
3. Enjoy 2 miles (3.2 km) of shops, salons and restaurants on Newbury Street in downtown Boston. You can find everything and anything you need, and it’s a great place to sit and people-watch.
4. Walk the Freedom Trail, a 2.5 mile (4 km) free walking tour of 16 historic sites in Boston – a perfect way to discover the city and learn about US history! Start at Boston Common and follow the red painted line on the sidewalk until the end of the trail at the USS Constitution.
5. Explore the many shops, restaurants and bars in Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, two of Boston’s oldest marketplaces, built in 1742. Try a lobster roll, New England clam chowder and many other local Boston foods at Quincy Market.
Boston has a perfect mix of student life and fascinating history. It’s also easy to visit from many other cities in the northeast, including New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.
Have you been to Boston? What do you love about it?