The latest travel updates to our destinations – 1 April 2022
Following the latest news around the world related to the Omicron variant of Covid-19, there are additional rules and regulations you should be aware of before traveling to study with Kaplan International and Alpadia Language Schools. Restrictions and testing requirements per destination country are detailed below.
We are pleased to say that all our schools in these destinations continue to be open as usual. In the event that students test positive shortly after arrival or during their studies, they are required to self-isolate as per local government guidelines.
As of 6 December 2021, the US will now require proof of a negative COVID test within 24 hours of travel for all vaccinated and unvaccinated international travellers. Please note that only US citizens and permanent residents may enter the country if they are unvaccinated.
As of 8 November 2021, the following changes have been made to international travelers arriving in the US:
- Travel restrictions have been lifted from most of the world including arrivals from the Schengen countries in Europe, including France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and Greece, as well as Britain, Ireland, China, India, South Africa, and Brazil.
- Travelers may once again travel to the USA with an ESTA. Students on an ESTA can take General English/part time courses only.
- All non-immigrant and non-citizen air travelers to the United States will be required to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to the United States. This applies to all students 18 and over regardless of visa status. (e.g F-1, B1, ESTA, etc.) It does not apply to minor (under 18), legal permanent residents of the US, and US citizens.
- The New York school classes will be moved to online for a temporary period of time. Once the school is resumes for in-person classes, there will continue to be preventative measures, including daily temperature checks, mandated mask-wearing, a rigorous daily cleaning schedule, and easy access to multiple sanitizing stations
For further information, visit the United States’ government website.
Canada has different entry requirements in place depending on whether a traveler is vaccinated or unvaccinated. Please note that all travelers to Canada continue to be required to submit all required information via the ArriveCan app, including a quarantine plan, prior to travel to Canada.
For fully vaccinated travelers:
- As of 1 April 2022, fully vaccinated travelers do not need to take a Covid-19 test to enter Canada.
- Canada has expanded its list of approved vaccines to match the WHO Emergency Listing.
- Fully vaccinated travelers may still be subjected to mandatory random testing upon arrival.
For non-fully and unvaccinated travelers:
- Travelers who are not fully vaccinated because they are medically exempt and/or are under the age of 18, will need to provide a negative test antigen test taken no more than 24 hours before entry, or a negative molecular test (PCR) taken no more than 72 hours before departure.
- These travelers will then need to take another test upon arrival and again on day eight of their quarantine. Unless exempt, quarantine lasts for 14 days.
For further information, visit Canada’s government website.
- There are no restrictions for traveler entering Ireland as of Sunday 6 March 2022.
For further information, visit Ireland’s government website.
Fully vaccinated travelers arriving from EU member states or Schengen can enter without restrictions
Non-vaccinated travelers arriving from EU or Schengen must take a PCR or antigen test 48 hours before arrival
- All travelers must take a PCR test within 48 hours of travel.
- Fully vaccinated travelers arriving from Europe, Schengen or a Green list country can enter without restrictions.
- Non-vaccinated travelers arriving from green list countries must take a PCR or antigen test 72 to 24 hours before arrival.
- Travelers arriving from orange list countries must take a PCR test 48 hours before arrival and self-isolate for seven day days, including the fully vaccinated.
- Masks are mandatory everywhere inside the school as well as public spaces.
For further information, visit France’s government website.
All travelers entering Switzerland must complete a government entry form.
Travelers that are not vaccinated or recovered must provide PCR test within 72 hours before arriving, or Antigen of less than 24 hours.
All students must present a valid COVID pass to enter the school, and masks are mandatory everywhere inside the school.
For further information, visit Switzerland’s government website.
Putting safety first
Our schools have all been adapted to ensure the greatest possible safety of students and staff, whilst maintaining a superb experience. Read more about the safety guidelines in place in our Kaplan and Alpadia schools which all continue to be open.
- United States – Back to school information
- UK and Ireland – Back to school information
- Canada – Back to school information
Alpadia Schools Safety Guidelines
- Switzerland, Montreux – Back to school information
- Germany, Freiburg – Back to school information
- Germany, Berlin – Back to school information
- France, Lyon – Back to school information
Can I study now?
We're bringing the classroom to your home with K+ LIVE, our online immersive learning experience. While you’re stuck at home, it’s a great time to learn English until you can study abroad again.
Just like in our schools, you'll participate in interactive class exercises with our top teachers and a small group of other international students. You'll have unlimited access to our online learning materials to use in your own time, as well as a social activity program after classes!
I’m planning ahead – should I book?
There’s no reason why not.
Our Book with Confidence Guarantee provides flexibility so you make plans and adjust them as needed. Any language course booked with Kaplan or Alpadia between now and December 31 2022 can be deferred at no extra cost – including summer surcharges or seasonal price differences – to any date in the next 18 months. So, you have the maximum flexibility to enjoy the great experience of language travel when you want.
In addition, please be aware that if your travel plans are disrupted for reasons related to coronavirus – such as government-imposed travel restrictions, flight cancellations which cannot be rebooked to their original destinations or symptoms of COVID-19 – we will waive all cancellation fees, and will refund your application and accommodation placement fees.
Last updated: 21/04/2022