Tips on How to Prepare for Exams
When you sit down to study, how do you transfer all that of information from the books and notes in front of you to a reliable spot inside your head? We've gathered some simple tips to help you out:
- Manage your time. Create a routine and stick to it during your study days.
- Take breaks. Study in 20-50 minute chunks and do something different from what you've been doing during your time off (e.g., walk around if you've been sitting)
- Clear your mind. If you've got a lot on your mind take a moment to write yourself some notes about what you're thinking about before you start studying.
- Block distractors. If you’re easily distracted by Youtube, Facebook, etc., download LetMeWork to temporarily block and unblock access to these sites with a double click and help you focus.
- You should feel comfortable. But not so comfortable that you risk falling asleep! A good chair is important to not getting tired too quickly.
- Find the right spot. The place where you study should be relatively quiet and free from interruptions.
- Build your own studying technique. Different things work for different people, but here’s a video with a pretty cool set of studying tips
A couple of extra tips!
- Study like a hipster. Check out this playlist especially for those who don’t mind music while studying!
- Look like an A+. You’ll boost your attitude if you’re comfortable with what you’re wearing when studying and during the exam itself.
Do you have any study tips you want to share with us and other students? Please do so on our Facebook wall & good luck in your exams!