Brighton Young Learners
English courses for young learners in Brighton
Our English school in Brighton is a popular destination for students aged 12 to 17 looking to be close to the big city but live in a relaxed, small-town residence. We are based at the famous Roedean boarding school, one of the top independent schools in the UK, on the outskirts of Brighton. It has on-campus accommodation, meaning high levels of safety and security for all students.
Young learners from beginners to advanced can make the most of the school’s excellent facilities, and the fantastic location on the cliff top overlooking the sea. As well as high quality learning facilities, students will benefit from our fun and engaging activities program, ensuring there is plenty to do once lessons have finished.
- Founded in 1885, it has a prestigious history and is stunningly located atop a cliff on the Sussex Downs, overlooking the sea
- Brighton is 1 hour from London by train, making it an easy weekend destination
- Students have one full day excursion (except in final week of stay) and at least two half day excursions per week, a full afternoon activity program, and a full evening events program
- 20 lessons (15 hours) of English lessons per week with teaching materials specially designed for Young Learners
- Study time: 15 hours of English tuition per week
- Accommodation: On-campus accommodation
- Meals: Full board (21 per week)
- Activities: One full day excursion (except in final week of stay) and at least two half day excursions per week, a full afternoon activity program, and a full evening events program
- Course attendence certificate
- 24 hour emergency helpline
- Pre-arrival online welcome program
- Placement test
- Specialized K+ for Teens learning materials
- Student ID or wristband
- Student passports and plane tickets stored by staff upon arrival
- Airport Transfers:
- Arrival: Shared transfers are available (at extra cost) from London Heathrow Airport between 07:00 and 18:00 on Sundays upon request.
- Departure: Shared transfers are available (at extra cost) to London Heathrow Airport on Saturdays for flights between 10:00 and 21:00 upon request.
- Private taxi transfers are available (at extra cost) upon request.
Get a quote
On campus single and shared rooms with shared bathrooms
- Summer: 3 July - 13 August 2016
Activities available or offered
- Room Type: On campus single and shared rooms with shared bathrooms
- Age Range: 12-17 years
- Meals Provided: 21 meals per week (full board)
Accreditation & memberships
This Kaplan International English school is accredited by the British Council, and is a member of English UK, a highly respected organization that represents the best English language schools in the country.
*Student recommendations are based on Kaplan students surveyed in 2014.