Kaplan Underwater English: An April Fool’s Day Joke
Kaplan International English can confirm that its newest English language learning program, Kaplan Underwater English is an April Fool’s Day hoax.
While Kaplan International English is dedicated to staying at the forefront of the ESL industry with its blended learning K+ teaching methodology, the invention of underwater teaching facilities is ultimately a step too far for now.
The filming for the underwater section took place at Kaplan’s school in Torquay with the help of students and staff. The project was completed by the in-house marketing team within two weeks.
This project received the wonderful support of all the schools and markets who shared the campaign via their social media channels. Special thanks goes to Hazel Marie Francis, Robert Pickstone and Ido Simyoni for their support with coordinating the project.
Many thanks to the following bloggers and ESL teachers for helping us share the news:
• Chiew Pang of: aclil2climb.blogspot.co.uk
• Michael DiGiacomo of: blog.myhappyenglish.com
• Jason Levine of: colloandspark.com
• Drew Badger of: englishanyone.com
• Tara Benwell of: englishclub.com
• Ronen Geisler of: englishfuncast.com
• Shanthi Streat of: englishwithatwist.com
• Andrea Giordano of: eslbasics.com
• Sylvia Guinan of: eslbrain.com
• Stephen Mayeux of: eslhiphop.com
• Shayna F. de Oliveira of: espressoenglish.net
• Ana Maria Menezes of: lifefeast.blogspot.co.uk
• Luiz Otávio of: luizotaviobarros.com
• Nik Peachey of: nikpeachey.blogspot.co.uk
• Rachel Smith of: rachelsenglish.com
• The team at: reallifebh.com
• Sam Margolis of: simpleenglishnews.com
• Mau Buchler of: tripppin.com
• Turgay Evren of: turgayevren.wordpress.com
We hope it made some of you laugh and that there isn't too much disappointment about underwater schools not being real! Read the original press release.
David Hing: Writer, Director
Hazel Marie Francis: Production Manager
Juan Ortiz: Writer, Producer
Jim Cliff: Director of Photography, Lighting, Editor
Cat Harris: Special Effects
Michael Wetherall: Designer
Robert Pickstone: Social Distribution
Martin Hofschroer: Content Strategist