Academic English in Canada
Developing your English for a Canadian university or another academic environment
Prepare for university as an international student
Our English for Academic Pathways course gives you the opportunity to develop your English language skills for use in an academic environment. It gives you excellent insight into the culture and expectations at university in an English-speaking location. Course lengths are flexible to suit your current English language level.
This course is ideal if you want to develop your vocabulary and grammar, particularly in the key academic speaking skills of discussion and presentation. It allows you to gain direct, no-IELTS entry into a range of universities, private colleges and high schools in Canada.
Students using Kaplan's University Placement Service must complete a minimum 5 weeks of the English for Academic Pathways course, along with the required English level to transfer to one of Kaplan's university and college partners in Canada. Find out more about our University Placement Service in Canada.
- You want to gain insight into the culture and expectations at University in an English-speaking environment
- You want to gain direct entry into a range of universities, private colleges, and high schools in Canada
- You want flexible course lengths to suit your current English ability
- You want to enhance your CV and improve your chance for professional and academic success in the future
- You want to receive an accredited Kaplan International Languages Certificate of Achievement
How many hours a week is this course?
20 lessons /
15 hours per week.
Our English language classes cover all the key areas of language and will help you master difficult grammatical structures, fine-tune your pronunciation, read complex texts and build a large working vocabulary.
8 lessons /
6 hours per week.
Focus on developing the core language skills and strategies necessary for success in an academic context. While improving your vocabulary and grammar you will practice tasks such as note-taking, presenting and essay planning to build your confidence.