English for Academic Pathways
Best for developing your English for a Canadian university or another academic environment
WHAT ARE ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC PATHWAYS COURSES?
Our English for Academic Pathways course gives you the opportunity to develop your English language skills for use in an academic environment. It gives you excellent insight into the culture and expectations at university in an English-speaking location. Course lengths are flexible to suit your current English language level.
This course is ideal if you want to develop your vocabulary and grammar, particularly in the key academic speaking skills of discussion and presentation. It allows you to gain direct, no-IELTS entry into a range of universities, private colleges and high schools in Canada.
Students using Kaplan's University Placement Service must complete a minimum 5 weeks of the English for Academic Pathways course, along with the required English level to transfer to one of Kaplan's university and college partners in Canada. Find out more about our University Placement Service in Canada.
- You want to gain insight into the culture and expectations at University in an English-speaking environment
- You want to gain direct entry into a range of universities, private colleges, and high schools in Canada
- You want flexible course lengths to suit your current English ability
- You want to enhance your CV and improve your chance for professional and academic success in the future
- You want to receive an accredited Kaplan International English Certificate of Achievement
- Course lengthMinimum 5, maximum 20 weeks
- Start dates:Weekly start dates
- Entry levelHigher Intermediate or B2
- Minimum age16 Years old
- Lesson hours45 minute lessons
- Class sizeAverage 12, maximum 15
- 20 lessons (15 hours) of General English
- 8 lessons (6 hours) of English for Academic Pathways (Specific Skills) Find out more
Which schools offer this course
Why Choose Kaplan English Courses?
Why should you choose Kaplan International?
Learning English should be an adventure. Set in spectacular locations from palm-fringed beaches to the heart of New York, our schools offer you expert language tuition, sophisticated learning technology, and the amazing experience of exploring the English-speaking world. Whatever your ambitions, our immersive courses are designed to help you achieve your goals – and enrich your life.
It is important you have proof of your studies and the hard work you have put in.
At the end of your course you will receive a Kaplan International English Certificate of Achievement documenting your new language level and attendance. We are proud to be accredited by highly-respected and recognized accrediting agencies in each country.
K+ English Language Learning System
Our unique K+ teaching methodology was designed by an international team of experts to harness the power of digital, text-based and interpersonal learning methods. Our integrated system of books, apps, online resources and games work together to help you learn fast – in the classroom, on the move, and at home.