English School inTorquay
Study English in Torquay
This pretty coastal town combines the charm of the English seaside with a hint of the Mediterranean. Torquay's sunny microclimate allows rows of palm trees to flourish, and grand Italianate villas mingle with colorful shops, cafes and bars. Stroll along the romantic Princess Pier, explore the home of legendary writer Agatha Christie, or head out across the sparkling waves by kayak, dinghy or jet ski!
- Our Torquay English School is just five minutes’ walk from the town center
- Beautiful school grounds with a private swimming pool, an on-site café and a gazebo with lovely views out to sea
- Discounted one-to-one lessons to help you make rapid progress
- Special courses for Juniors in Torquay are available as well as closed groups of students aged 12 –17
- Provides a dedicated English course for students aged 40+
Available courses at this school
About our Torquay English school
- University Placement Service
Our University Placement Service (UPS) allows you to benefit from our extensive network of partner universities and colleges. Combined with our wealth of experience, we help you gain entry to graduate and undergraduate courses. Learn more
- Teacher Qualifications
All teachers have a level of education normally represented by a degree and they also have a CELTA or equivalent qualification. Some also hold the higher level DELTA qualification, PGCE, or MA in applied linguistics
- Test center
Our Torquay school is a Cambridge Boxhill OET (Occupational English Test) Center and Trinity exam center
- School holidays
- Torquay school audit
This school is frequently inspected by regulatory bodies. You can read the British Council's latest audit report online for our English school in Torquay.
This Kaplan International Languages school is accredited by the British Council, and is a member of English UK. These are highly respected organizations that represent and help maintain the best English language schools in the country.
*Student recommendations are based on Kaplan students surveyed in 2018.