Our unique K+ English learning system
What is K+?
K+ is our exclusive English language learning system. Designed by experts, it helps to maximize learning by embracing technology as a teaching and learning tool. Our innovative materials work together to promote learning in class, on the move, or at home.
You will focus on the four key language skills: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Each of these areas is important when learning English, and our classes and materials help you improve these skills together.
You can even target a specific area to focus on. For example, if you are confident with reading but not very confident with speaking, K+ can provide you with extra focus to improve your confidence and ability when having conversations.
Learning isn’t simply about sitting in a classroom. Lessons are engaging and interactive, and you will learn the four key language skills by using four special K+ techniques.
Course books: Learning English in the classroom and study at home
- Special course books that are used in class, tailored to your level of English
- K +notes looks at all key areas of language: reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- Directly linked to online learning materials, the course book is complemented by interactive whiteboard materials
- Aligned to CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference) levels
- Offers clear learning outcomes and objectives, using English in real-life contexts
- Grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation development
- You can also use these books to study at home
Online Practice and LMS: Practice at home
- Practice and improve your English skills at home
- Focus on your reading and writing ability
- Online exercises that integrate with your K +notes course books
- Great for homework and extra practice
- Instant feedback on your performance and progression, with teachers able to track your progress
- Take tests and quizzes, or view specific content, including videos
Social: Practice after class
- Practice and improve your English after class
- Take part in study groups, lectures, and clubs to extend your classroom learning
- Receive guidance and direction
- Meet other students and practice English in different situations, a great opportunity to improve your speaking and listening skills
Self-directed study materials
- Three language areas to complement and boost your learning: grammar, pronunciation and vocabulary
- Each module is made up of interesting and engaging exercises such as interactive questions, videos, audio and assessment tasks
- There are ten modules per level and you can work through at your own pace
- Dynamic learning means the program identifies areas where you need improvement
In fact, students can now choose to keep up a subscription to K +eXtra and K +tools after they have finished their Kaplan journey. Language learning doesn’t end on the last day of your course, and Kaplan is proud to continue to help you along the way.
English course levels
There are six levels of general English courses for adults, ensuring you receive the best learning experience for your ability. When you begin your course at Kaplan you will take a test to determine which level to start on. Here is the whole journey in full:
|Beginner||Learn and practice basic words, phrases and grammar, enabling them to read and listen to very short basic texts and communicate with other people.||
|Elementary||Learn and practice basic words, phrases and grammar, enabling them to read and listen to very short basic texts and communicate with other people.||
|Lower Intermediate||Learn and practice useful grammar, words, and phrases so that you can understand short reading and listening texts, send emails, and communicate with people in social situations and when you are carrying out everyday tasks.||
|Intermediate||Improve grammar and vocabulary so that you can start reading and listening to longer, more difficult texts, and use English to deal with most situations you will encounter in an English speaking country.||
|Higher Intermediate||Improve grammar and vocabulary so that you can understand the main points of longer and more complex reading and listening texts, and communicate fluently and spontaneously with native speakers on a wide range of topics.||
|Advanced||Consolidate grammar and vocabulary, and improve your comprehension skills so that you have a detailed understanding of the texts you read and listen to, even when these texts are long and demanding. You can express yourself fluently and effectively in social, academic, and professional contexts.||
|Teens||Our K +teens program is specially designed for teenagers, and uses proven Kaplan methodology. It has four levels of ability for young learners: Elementary, Lower Intermediate, Intermediate, and Higher Intermediate.||
Each level has three course books, a downloadable teacher's guide, downloadable audio files, and online learning management system.