English Programs for Juniors in Torquay
A secret slice of paradise
Few people know UK’s best kept secret. Torquay, based in the South of England, is a resort getaway for those who want to get some sun while away, the sand is soft and the beaches are lined with tropical palm trees.
Torquay is the perfect location for kids and teens to relax, whilst immersing themselves in English. Students looking for entertainment can jump on the English Riviera Wheel to check out the sights, test their skills at Jungle Journey Adventure Golf, or visit the aquatic life at the zoo and aquarium. Football supporters can or go support Torquay United at the Plainmoor football stadium.
Our large centre offers panoramic sea views, with bright and spacious classrooms. Students on our summer camp program can enjoy the sunny weather relaxing in the large garden and outdoor terrace, or practising their English playing a game of table tennis. There is a games room with console, pool table and board games, students will have plenty of activities to keep them busy.
- Take 20 lessons of English per week (15 hours) under the guidance of friendly teachers
- After lessons, relax in our well-equipped games rooms and common rooms
- Beautiful seaside location in the English Riviera
Principle and Summer Center Manager: Anna Robinson
- Study time: 20 English lessons per week (15 hours)
- Accommodation: Homestay
- Meals: Full board (21 meals per week)
- Activities: One full day excursion and at least two half day excursions per week, a full afternoon activity program, and two evening activities per week, with the rest of the time spent with their host family
- Extras:- Course attendence certificate
- 24 hour emergency helpline
- Pre-arrival online welcome program
- Placement test
- Specialized K+teens learning materials
- Student ID or wristband
- Safe storage of students' passports
- Airport Transfers:
- Arrival: Shared transfers are available (at extra cost) from London Heathrow Airport between 07:00 and 18:00 on Sundays upon request.
- Departure: Shared transfers are available (at extra cost) to London Heathrow Airport on Saturdays for flights between 10:00 and 21:00 upon request.
- Private taxi transfers are also available (at extra cost) upon request.
- Travel to and from Homestay:
All students travel from their homestay accommodation to school and back under the supervision of school staff, who monitor all students arrive as expected, and are available to contact on a 24 hour emergency phone. Students under 14 years old are accompanied home by school staff or their hosts, or are taken home in pre-arranged taxis, after scheduled evening activities.
2022 dates coming soon
Activities available or offered
- Room Type: Twin rooms with shared bathrooms
- Age Range: 12-17 years
- Meals Provided: Full board (21 meals per week)
Accreditation & memberships
This Kaplan International Languages school is accredited by the British Council, and is a member of English UK, a highly respected organization that represents the best English language schools in the country.