VISA - New Zealand visa

Can I study on a Visitor Visa?

Travellers can study on a visitor visa only if they wish to stay in New Zealand for less than 3 months and the main intention for visiting is tourism.

Travellers from a visa waiver country are entitled to enter New Zealand without obtaining a visa if they are staying less than 3 months, but must apply for a NZeTA (NZ Electronic Travel Authority) and pay the International Visa Levy.

To view more information and to see if your country is on the visa-waiver list, please visit 

Last updated: 
13 November 2020
If you question is not answered here, please contact student advisor.

Contact us

Contact us to receive:

  • A free brochure
  • Details on the latest promotions
  • Advice for studying abroad


Call us today

  • USA & Canada: 1-888-744-3046